Be the Boss of Your Life
Be the Boss of Your Life While Leading and Inspiring
Being a boss of your life is about being clear about what you want in life and WHY you want it.
When you are crystal clear about your “why” then it empowers you to accomplish your goals, no matter how challenging.
These everyday people, Mario and Luigi, became superheroes to kids and adults around the world!
The Super Mario Bros. were super clear on their “WHY”… They wanted to save Princess from the evil Bowser.? Because of their single, clear-minded focus, they were able to conquer their fears and rescue the Princess!
And as you get clear and start taking action toward your goals, you will naturally draw the attention of others.
Before you know it, people are looking to you for direction and suddenly you are a leader.
Being able to lead one’s self is perhaps one of the most important life skills that we can learn.
So let’s examine the Top 7 Traits of a True Boss…
Top 7 Traits of a True Boss
There are some common traits found in a powerful boss. You may already have some of these traits ? and others can be developed if a goal in your life is to become a true boss.
When we talk about “being a boss,” what we are really talking about is being a leader.
“Leadership is everything.” – Art Williams
Remember, you don?t have to want to lead an army to reap the benefits of learning leadership skills.
The top seven traits of a true leader include:
- Knowing when to delegate tasks. An important skill for a leader to learn ? delegating to others means that you must identify the strengths and weaknesses of those on your team and capitalize on the strengths by passing out tasks accordingly.
Trying to do it all your self can lead to overwhelm and bottlenecks.? Sites like Fiverr.com are a great way to outsource tasks on the cheap to freelancers from around the world. This can greatly enhance your productivity and your bottom line.
- Maintain a positive attitude. Keeping your team upbeat and optimistic means that you must maintain a positive attitude and present an energetic front. There must be productivity to meet goals, but you should be able to balance the working hours with some fun times. When those around you see your positive attitude, it will rub off.
- Be ethical and honest. Hold yourself and those who work with you to a high level of honesty and ethical conduct. Your family and followers are reflections of you, so if you practice honest and ethical behavior, they will follow your pattern.
- Ability to communicate. Ronald Reagan was known as ?The Great Communicator,? and looking back at his lifestyle, it?s easy to understand why. He was able to clearly explain and focus on what needed to be done and express it in a way that was understood. If you have trouble communicating, read books or take a course in achieving better communication skills.
- Ability to commit. George Patton, commanding general in World War II was a soldier who got up close and personal to those under his command. He fought in the trenches and made it a point to be wherever his men were experiencing difficulty. As a leader, you must make a commitment to lead by example.
- Maintain a sense of humor. The day to day business of being a leader can wear you down, but if you maintain a sense of humor through the discouraging times, your followers will maintain higher morale.
- Creativity. A leader should have the ability to change from a path they?re on to another path by taking a creative stance. Sometimes, the decision involves how you?re guiding others, but whatever the reason, creativity helps everyone work toward the goal you?re seeking.
Become a Leader of Your Self
You need to become a true leader of yourself if you want to accomplish great things or even meet small goals. Leading your family through trials and tribulations is another reason to know how to lead. If your aspiration is to become CEO of your own company, it?s vitally important that you know how to lead.
In our Book Club this morning we went around the virtual circle and each shared a habit or trait that we want to work on or develop to improve our own leadership skills in our professional and personal lives.
We have some members that are focusing on organization so that they can give their attention to the most important tasks.
We have some that are focused on education.? Leaders are learners!
One member and myself are focused on leading by example.? In other words, really practicing what we preach and help others do.
Many leaders understand the value of accountability.? So having a weekly meeting to check in on goals and action items for the week is one way that we shape ourselves into better leaders.
What kind of support system or accountability do you have to help you be the best Boss of your life that you can be?? Because remember, if you are the Boss of YOUR life, then you are also the EMPLOYEE, so don’t be too hard on yourself!
Until next time my friend, be flowing.
* Links on this site may link to my own products/services or those of my affiliates which may pay me for referred business.